Thursday, November 15, 2007

2007-08 Topps Echelon Basketball Pack

OK... this was painful. I stopped by a local card shop this afternoon to buy the latest Beckett Baseball. He had just recv'd the 2007-08 Topps Echelon Basketball... priced at $120/pack. He all but threw himself between me and the box when I looked at it. Nobody had opened one yet and he heard bad things about it. "Well... I'm going to be the one to pull a monster." I plop down $120 and got... garbage. Absolute garbage. Three base cards (#/999) and a 2nd Round Draft Pick Auto. The four cards might fetch $10 on the secondary market. I am used to high-end UD product offering poor value, but didn't expect it from Topps. Sick. I hope this weekend's convention offers some better results.

* 2007-08 Topps Echelon Basketball Pack
* Price: $120
* Key Pull: Josh McRoberts AU RC #/499
* Origin: Card Shop, Chicago, IL

No comments: