Tuesday, November 13, 2007

2006 Topps 52 Hobby Boxes (4)


OK... two posts after I say I don't open cases, I bust a half-case of last year's Topps '52. Sue me. The four boxes yielded a good number of on-card AUs, but nothing out of the ordinary... no red AUs (SP), no plates and very few chrome refractors (#/552). I have 2 EXCH cards, which are disappointing since Topps takes forever to return exchanges (I still have several exchanges, sent in Jan 06, outstanding from 06 Bowman Sterling).

Here's the scoop on all 4 boxes:

* 2006 Topps '52 Hobby Boxes (4)
* Price:
$199.00 (roughly $50 per box, including shipping)
* Origin Of Boxes: eBay

BOX 1
* Key Pulls: Dustin Pedroia (RC) [HOT right now!], Cole Hamels (RC) Chrome REF, Emiliano Fruto AU (RC) EXCH, Boof Bonser AU RC, Scott Mathieson AU (RC)

BOX 2
* Key Pulls: Chris Mabeus AU (RC), Erick Aybar AU (RC), Angel Pagan AU RC

BOX 3
* Key Pulls: Dustin Pedroia (RC), Anibal Sanchez Chrome REF, Jeff Mathis AU (RC) EXCH, Edward Mujica AU RC, John Van Benschoten AU RC
BOX 4
* Key Pulls: Jeff Karstens AU RC, Bill Bray AU (RC), Josh Kinney AU (RC), T.J. Bohn AU (RC)
All in all, I suppose it was an average value. I got 13 total AUs, 2 Pedroias, several SPs and Chrome cards, and a few Chrome REF cards. I have a feeling the other half of the case is hiding a plate or SP AU.

No comments: